The SEO Content Specialist understands SEO best practices and can apply them to content initiatives to drive quality organic traffic to a client’s website. They can easily maneuver between writing engaging meta and CTAs, to crafting detailed briefs, to deep diving into how content is performing and actions to take to make improvements. They are both technically savvy and creative in their approach. This is a part time position.
Research + Discovery
- Keyword Research: Conduct, organize, and/or review keyword research using standard industry tools. Create target keyword lists to track terms to have a top level view of keyword strategy to prevent cannibalization and redundancies.
- Competitive Analysis: Review competitors content and analyze themes, topics, and associated keyword targets and utilize ideas to create more engaging content for clients.
- Trends Analysis: Stay on top of industry trends and keep a pulse on conversations on social channels to help inform content strategies and influence topics and themes.
- Audience: Dive deep to understand the audience and personas being targeted to ensure content is appropriate for those audiences.
- Strategy: Understand the bigger picture goals for content and how individual pieces of content tie together to form the overarching strategy.
SEO Best Practices
- Content Briefs: Create and/or fill-out SEO-focused content briefs that are consistent with brand guidelines and align with the overall content strategy.
- SEO Content Creation + Optimization: Editing and/or writing of engaging SEO content such as titles and meta descriptions, img alt tags, headers, effective CTAs, and other on-page elements that drive conversions.
- Technical SEO: Make recommendations for schema mark-up, URL structure and taxonomy where appropriate.
- Crosslinking + Content Funnelization: Understanding of where content falls in the funnel and the relationship between content pieces on the website to develop solid crosslinking strategies that help guide the user and improve on-page metrics.
- Standardization: Help create templates and frameworks that speed up the content creation process.
- Content Implementation: Edit and/or add content to client websites via their CMS.
Reporting + Performance
- Use reporting dashboards to analyze data and strategies to increase and improve organic traffic.
- Review and analyze websites, identifying areas for improvement and change, relative to a website’s organic performance in the search engines.
- Participate in meetings with the client including content and editorial calendar planning and reporting.
- Present research findings and make recommendations to clients.
- Meet deadlines as assigned and communicate with the client and team members when deadlines require changes.
- Attend internal team meetings and provide status updates and performance insights on projects.
- Utilize the appropriate communication method or project management tool to provide updates and notifications.
- Provide support to account and brand strategist during ideation sessions.
Biz Dev Support
- Support and participate in pitches with new prospects when needed.
- 3+ years working in SEO and content development.
- Working knowledge of:
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Google Analytics
- Search Console
- Proficiency with:
- Screaming Frog
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to understand bigger picture marketing strategies and how SEO content-specific strategies can roll up to affect positive change.
- Excellent research and organization skills.
- Strong ability to create meaning from data, identify trends, and make actionable decisions and recommendations.
- Solid understanding of best practices for website structures, usability, and coding.
- Working knowledge of markup languages, metadata, and schema.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Continually seek to enhance and grow SEO content skills to keep up with industry trends and overall marketing excellence.
Dragon360 ignites brands. We help our partners—some of the largest companies in the world—solve core business challenges with our people-first approach: unearthing insight, crafting opportunity, and igniting change. Fiercely independent since 2007, Dragon360 has evolved into a full-service digital marketing agency with team members around the world and headquarters in historic Kingston, NY.
Dragons are real.
It’s more than just a catchy line—it’s fundamentally how we operate day-to-day. At Dragon360, no idea is too small, and everyone has a seat at the table. Because our team of Dragons are united by our core beliefs:
- Be tenacious. Constantly think differently by making creativity and learning a practice. Own and craft compelling, human solutions to challenges—every time.
- Get involved. Actively engage with others, regardless of gender, race, orientation, or perspectives. Give back by enriching the environment and communities in which we live.
- Hold each other’s feet to the fire. Be reliable: get stuff done and do it well. Set high standards, and give as much encouragement as criticism to produce our collective best work.
- Dragons are real. Be authentic and transparent when dealing with each other and clients. Own the wins as well as the mistakes, and always learn and grow from both.
Want to play with fire?
Send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three reasons why you should be a Dragon to [email protected].