The Social Media Content Creator is responsible for the daily management of a brand’s social media efforts. Their primary goal is to build a community of highly engaged followers with a laser focus on how that engagement can impact the bottom line. They are a detail-oriented ‘people person’ with the ability to create, listen, and respond to conversations online. As an extension of the brands team, they own the work they do. They are a naturally strong writer, stay in tune with pop culture and industry news, have visual chops, and can easily draft a variety of creative messages across mediums.
This is a part time position.
Social Media Management
- Proactively identifying content opportunities based on timely happenings and audience and performance insights.
- Measuring the effectiveness of social campaigns, ensuring posts are performing, aligned with business goals and objectives, target the appropriate audience(s), and are crafted to build community and result in high engagement.
- Creating and maintaining editorial calendars
- Providing original, engaging copy, images, video, etc. content for social media accounts that follow visual and brand messaging/voice guidelines.
- Acting as an extension of the brand’s customer experience by: monitoring, reporting, and responding to feedback, comments, customer inquiries, and online reviews in a timely manner with the appropriate messaging and tone.
- As needed, researching, outlining and drafting, email newsletters and blog content complimentary to social content.
Reporting + Performance
- Using native performance dashboards and tools like Google Data Studio to analyze social media data and derive insights and make recommendations on shifts in activities to improve performance.
- Participating in meetings with the client, including content and editorial calendar planning and reporting.
- Presenting research findings and making social media recommendations to clients.
- Meeting deadlines as assigned and communicating with the client and team members when deadlines require changes.
- Attending internal team meetings and providing status updates and performance insights on projects via the appropriate communication method or project management tool.
- Supporting account and brand strategist during ideation sessions, as well as other teams, such as design, paid, and SEO, as needed.
- Coordinate with client-side PR and communications teams as needed to ensure consistency.
Biz Dev Support
- Support and participate in pitches with new prospects when needed.
- 2-3+ years of experience in social media marketing
- Experience with both B2B and DTC brands
- Proficient understanding of performance analytics, content types, audience targeting, and all-round best practices for:
- Other channels are a plus (Pinterest, Snapchat, Clubhouse, etc.)
- Working knowledge and skills:
- Writing short, succinct, powerful messages used to capture and hold attention.
- Deep understanding of customer relations and cultivating consistent omnichannel online customer experiences effectively.
- Keen intuition and understanding of brand safety, public relations and knowing when to flag potential issues.
- Google Analytics
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good grasp of marketing challenges and opportunities, including seasonal impacts.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Can tailor messaging for both creating and capturing demand.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to understand the audience’s needs.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on projects/accounts and prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines.
- An eagerness to stay on top of the latest social media trends, channels, and formats and share that knowledge with others
- Ability to understand audience segmentation and how user demographics and psychographics vary channel to channel.
Dragon360 ignites brands. We help our partners—some of the largest companies in the world—solve core business challenges with our people-first approach: unearthing insight, crafting opportunity, and igniting change. Fiercely independent since 2007, Dragon360 has evolved into a full-service digital marketing agency with team members around the world and headquarters in historic Kingston, NY.
Dragons are real.
It’s more than just a catchy line—it’s fundamentally how we operate day-to-day. At Dragon360, no idea is too small, and everyone has a seat at the table. Because our team of Dragons are united by our core beliefs:
- Be tenacious. Constantly think differently by making creativity and learning a practice. Craft compelling solutions—no matter the challenge.
- Get involved. Respect and value each other and all beings, and the environment and communities in which we live.
- Hold each other’s feet to the fire. Get it done, and do it well. Stay accountable, reliable, and offer as much encouragement as criticism to produce our collective best work.
- Dragons are real. Be authentic and transparent when dealing with each other and our partners. Own and learn from the wins and the losses.
Want to play with fire?
Send your resume, portfolio URL, desired compensation, and three reasons why you should be a Dragon to [email protected].